I happened to catch a show tonight about people are super obsessive about using coupons. We’ve all heard about it lately, people going to the stores with stacks and stacks of coupons getting insane deals. Some people even MAKE money on these transactions. There is a flaw in all of this though… It is time consuming! Not only time consuming for the would-be “couponeer” who has to clip out these things but also the cashier who has to scan each individual coupon after scanning a plethora of items. This is where this week’s app idea would come in handy.
- The app would have the ability to scan the barcodes of coupons (or even a QR code).
- The application would verify the validity of each coupon via the barcode.
- Users would “bank” their coupons to a central user account for the app.
- Users could generate a single coupon or code associated with their account that code be scanned, entered manually, or even transmitted via NFC by the sales associate of the store.
- The stores computers would then run through the coupons stored in the users account and apply all eligible discounts to their purchase.
- Savings would be deducted from the users’ central account.
It is a simple concept that I’m sure has flaws but could be refined to work effectively. What do you guys think? Would it work? What would need to be changed? Give us some feedback.